I enjoy underdogs. I'm a fan of movies like Facing the Giants, U571, and even Disney's Aladdin. When underdogs are told they can't, it is inspiring to watch them achieve. Take for example, Tim Tebow. In the last year, he has been the epitome of underdog. While many have dismissed him - guys like Charles Barkley call him a "Nightmare"- let me explain why I believe Tim Tebow matters, both for the NFL and for those of us who enjoy underdogs!
He brings a renewed synergism to nfl. Some said he wouldn't be drafted and he was; many said he wouldn't make it in the NFL and he is; then the talking heads said he wouldn't win a playoff game and he has. His presence has ignited Denver and fans across the country. He would never take credit for this and he would give all the honor to his God. Perseverance
He breaks the mold, modeling to all you don't have to fit in to succeed. Ambition/ pioneering Spirit
He enjoys football and life. When we enjoy what w do, success follows.
He has a vision bigger than life. They say you cannot live more than 14 days c out food; 7 days c out water, but only moments without hope hope. Hope comes from knowing your future is secure. Tebow has a personal faith in Jesus Christ who said, "I am the resurrection and life...". His future has been secured by his Victor, Jesus Christ.
He is unafraid & uncompromising with his faith, demonstrating moral strength!
He is a role model which parents can point to for their children. Whether you're a follower of Christ or not, Tim Tebow matters because he represents what is good about life and professional sports. In contrast, Charles Barkley was correct when he said, "I am not a role model."
He demonstrates proper sportsmanship, even after an embarrassing defeat! Obviously, I'm writing his after the game against New England. Tebow did not demonstrate what is often seen during games of such high emotion. Yes, he showed frustration, but that frustration was not turned outward towards another.
He seeks out the forgotten of our culture. While many NFL players serve in their communities, Tebow invests time before eachh game signing autographs for children with severe and debilitating illnesses.
While some will continue to hurl criticisms and disbelief toward #15, I for one will continue to say WTTM!
No comments:
Post a Comment